Re: bluetooth problems

Udayan Singh wrote:

> [root@localhost ~]# hcitool scan
> Scanning ...
>         00:19:4F:06:EE:E9       Nokia 6085
>         00:1A:6B:14:BB:BC       UdayanStorage
> So it looks to me that my bluetooth device is working :).
>
> Now how do i go about doing the pairing, and figuring out services
> available ?

As far as I can see, the only way of Bluetooth pairing in Fedora-7
is to install the bluez-gnome package.
This does not require any other gnome packages.
(I am using KDE.)
The package provides a small applet in the panel.
It's not obvious (or wasn't to me) what this does,
but when you try to connect to a Bluetooth device,
the device asks you for a passkey,
and when you give it the applet then comes alive
and asks you to give the same passkey on the computer.

> If you can refer me to any documentation that would be helpful for
> understanding the aboe it would be great.

I haven't found any recent documentation.
There is a bluez newsgroup/mailing list gmane.linux.bluez.user .
This doesn't seem to get much traffic,
but Marcel Holtmann, the king of bluez,
seems to reply to queries there.

--