Re: Squid Alternative?

On 7/9/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Devon Harding wrote:
>      > proxying to accept http request as well
>
>     Yes, apache can sort this out itself.  If anything else accepts port 80
>     you'd have to also have a special case to redirect even the local host,
>     perhaps to apache on an alternate port.
>
>     --
>

> Ok, got it working, but it seems to be redirecting even the localhost.
> How can I get the localhost to answer and proxy all other hosts.  Here
> is my config:
>

> NameVirtualHost *:80
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com >
> ProxyPass / http://www.domain.com/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.domain.com/
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName webmail.domain.com <http://webmail.domain.com>
> ProxyPass / http://webmail.domain.com/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://webmail.domain.com/
> </VirtualHost>

You need to move your local site setings into a VirtualHost container
with the right servername or alias too.  The first Virtualhost in the
list becomes the default when you use named vhosts, unless you have one
that says <VirtualHost _default_:80>

If you are testing with an IP address or a name that doesn't match,
you'll hit the default.

Gotcha, works likes a champ!