Re: Squid Alternative?

Devon Harding wrote:
I'm looking for a redirector like Squid for incoming access based on host name. I normally use xinet.d, but that only has a one to one mapping. I would like the redirector route traffic based on the host name of the target.

You can only do this for http, where the host name is passed in a header from the client. Apache can do it if you create named virtual hosts that use the ProxyPass directive or a RewriteRule with the [P] flag to proxy the requests to a backend server. You'll also need a ProxyPassReverse directive configured to fix redirects issued by the end server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx