Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Timothy Murphy wrote:

(1) I don't think this is really relevant,
That's because you don't understand it.

What is "it"?
The discussion was about packages of doubtful legality.
nVidia's own Linux drivers are perfect legal.
Get it?

Exactly. If you found the right repository, you could get it. Both in the same place - with yum commands.

(2) I would have thought even a very new user
would try googling for "nvidia linux" or even "nvidia fedora",
and quickly learn all there was to know on the subject.
Apparently you didn't do it very well.

I don't have an nVidia card, so I didn't have to "do it",
whatever "it" is.
Are you saying I didn't run "google" very well?

Or you didn't look around after google supplied the answer.

I bought a Mac so I wouldn't have to deal with the problem or put up
with silly taunts about how bad proprietary drivers are...

Bizarre.

It takes many hours less grooming than any fedora (or windows) box I've set up and has all the same unix goodness under the GUI. And firewire works all the time...

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx