Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> How do you suggest that a new user might find out, for example, that
>>> Nvidia gives away a driver and others package it for easy installation
>>> in fedora?  - All perfectly legal and something many users would like to
>>> know how to find.
>>
>> (1) I don't think this is really relevant,
>
> That's because you don't understand it.

What is "it"?
The discussion was about packages of doubtful legality.
nVidia's own Linux drivers are perfect legal.
Get it?

>> (2) I would have thought even a very new user
>> would try googling for "nvidia linux" or even "nvidia fedora",
>> and quickly learn all there was to know on the subject.
>
> Apparently you didn't do it very well.

I don't have an nVidia card, so I didn't have to "do it",
whatever "it" is.
Are you saying I didn't run "google" very well?

> I bought a Mac so I wouldn't have to deal with the problem or put up
> with silly taunts about how bad proprietary drivers are...

Bizarre.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366