Re: CNN video (TSI Helpdesk Ticket: 33524 (fwd))

on 7/5/2007 8:44 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 05 July 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>> Did you add the icon to the taskbar? Else you can use the entry in the
>>> Tools menu.
>>>
>>> Did you change from default to Netscape/Vista? The 'button' on the
>>> taskbar, if you added it, turns from grey to green.
>>>
>>> Then you have to reload the page with Ctrl F5 so that Firefox reports
>>> itself again. Or change it *before* you try to view any videos.
>>>
>>> This 'user-agent switcher' change does not 'stick'. Firefox goes back goes
>>> to reporting itself the original way if you close it. Or you can set it
>>> back by hand.
>> Ok, noow I understand how to use the Netscape/Vista setting and CNN
>> videos work. FoxNews is still all black.
>
> Well, by spoofing cnn as netscape via the UAS, cnn works just fine.  Then I
> opened another tab and reset the UAS to default, went to foxnews and the
> first video I clicked on worked, video and audio although the audio was 10db
> louder than cnn's.  I've watched several foxnews fab^H^H^Hstories previously
> today.

Hi Gene,

I am not sure if Firefox reads the config each time that it loads a page.
I do not think that it does. But I do know that it reads the config the
first time and that it looks to be read again, on certain screen reloads,
to make the change(s) work. So I would think that it is still set to 'say
Winders' when you load a new video even if you have changed the setting
but did not do a full refresh. Again? Not sure.

Several people here have complained to me about this thread. I did not
start it, just tried to help out.

I know what the problem is and it is not a Microsoft/CNN plot against
Linux.  ;-) If you care to carry on please take this to the OT. Or
something else. Always enjoy your comments and posts there.

G'Night.
--

  David