Re: CNN video (TSI Helpdesk Ticket: 33524 (fwd))

on 7/5/2007 9:16 AM, Mike C wrote:
> David Boles <dgboles <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Using the latest flash plugin and the user-agent-switcher extension, set
>> to Netscape on Vista, will allow CNN videos to play.
>
> It does not work for me with the same setup - did you have any special
> settings in your browser.

Did you add the icon to the taskbar? Else you can use the entry in the
Tools menu.

Did you change from default to Netscape/Vista? The 'button' on the
taskbar, if you added it, turns from grey to green.

Then you have to reload the page with Ctrl F5 so that Firefox reports
itself again. Or change it *before* you try to view any videos.

This 'user-agent switcher' change does not 'stick'. Firefox goes back goes
to reporting itself the original way if you close it. Or you can set it
back by hand.

There is no Linux plugin for the 'Live' video feed.
--

  David