Re: Dual bootable instalation with windows 2000 server and Fedora 7!!!

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 16:50 -0700, Matthew Hoggan wrote:
> Any recommendations on how to go about doing this. I have run endless
> searches on the net and nothing is coming up.

This is what I do on my setup that uses 2 Hard drives for my dual boot
(although if using just one, can do same thing as far as partitioning)..

1 - Figure out how much space to use for Windows and Linux.
2 - Boot up using Win Server CD and setup partition for Windows on that
first HD while doign the install.  You don't need to setup partitions
for linux here, just windows, except maybe to set aside room for a /boot
partition.  Leave the rest blank and do that when installing Fedora.
3 - Continue installing Win Server.
4 - Once completed with windows, insert Fedora install CD and boot up.
5 - When configuring Fedora during install, just select your partitions
you want to use.
6 - When it gets to the grub part, just let it install it to the MBR and
finish the install.
7 - Upon reboot, you will get to grub, and can boot to windows or linux
from there.

Below is my layout...

HDA - 1st partition for Windows
HDA - 2nd partition for my /boot dir

HDB - / partition
HDB - /home partition
HDB - swap partition

At least that is how I do it.  Hope this helps.  But if you got one
weird setup on yoru system, using Raid and stuff and all that, let one
of the others on the list help, as I don't have experience in that.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"