Re: mc

Matej Cepl wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:46:18 -0400, Gene Heskett scripst:
I call bs on that!  For all the other fawncy file managers they've tried
to paint a decent face on over the last 5 years, not one of them can
even begin to compare with mc.  Sure, the current Krusader is pretty,
but it can't do 90% of what mc can.  When it can, then talk about
dropping mc, and not a millisecond before.

I would personally strongly against removing mc ever (krusader, gnome-
commander etc. suck when used through ssh), but I would be very much interested in knowing what 90% (repeat 90%!!!) of mc functionality is not covered by krusader. Would you englighten me, please?

What kind of operations are you trying to do? There are a lot of options, including using freenx and the free NX client to get good GUI performance through a remote ssh connection. Or, use the command line tools that cover 100% of file management functionality and are faster/easier if you use some conventions when creating files and use names that will match wildcards or put things under directories that can be manipulated in one step.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx