Re: mc

On 03/07/07, Justin Zygmont <jzygmont@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Justin Zygmont wrote:
>> I was surprised to see that the midnight commander was not included in
>> FC7.  I can install it through yum, but I don't know why anyone would want
>> to remove a useful tool like that.
>
> If you can install it via yum then it hasn't been removed.  It is just that
> it wasn't initially installed.  What is the big deal?

no, I didn't see it anywhere in the list of packages, and its not on the
ISO.  I think either someone forgot to include it or, they're ready to
save space and drop it from the distro.

It's irrelevant to the primary target group of the current install
images. As long as it is still included in the online "Everything"
repository, it has not been "removed".