Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

on 7/4/2007 1:09 AM, Thufir wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:17:12 -0700, David Boles wrote:
>

>> I am not with Fedora but just a Fedora user for a long time. Fedora has
>> said this has to do with USA laws *and* company policy to only provide
>> FOSS. Which I think is a really goo thig.None of the third party sites
>> that I, myself, know of are in the USA. You can read that as you wish.
>
> Well, now I'm curious.  What possible US law could apply?  Aside from GPL
> issues none come to mind.  Do you have more specific info?

As I said I am not a 'Fedora person' nor am I an attorney. I am just a
long time user, but as I also said before - you should ask them. Why me?
Several of them have explained this here many times.

Or maybe if you would read this? This, the answers to your question, might
have taken 10 seconds to find BTW.

http://tinyurl.com/2gvu5m

Same URL but this will surely line wrap.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#head-b04c931c017de3facba9c69207925234df3c2232

These are the logical reasons that these types of things are not included
in Fedora. It is assumed, I guess, that if you think that you are clever
enough to use the 'Geek OS - Linux' and The Internet that you are are
clever enough to make it work?

And now some questions for you.

When you decided to try Linux did you not research it even a little bit?

When you decided to try Linux did you not look at the various
distributions, there are many and they can be very different, and what
they each offer and what their FOSS standards are?

When you decided to try Linux did you not study what would truly be 'user
needs to solve this problem for him/herself type problems?

Or did you just jump in and format over your Windows install?
--

  David