Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:30:31 -0700, David Boles wrote:

>> I see what you mean.  That would be nice, but I'd simply rather have
>> more packages in fedora yum and better integration with other yum
>> repositories, like one-click to add livna, for example.
>>
>> Given limited resources, that's my preference, at least.
>>
>> -Thufir
>>

> Fedora is in the USA and they can not provide that information about
> 'third party sites'. Or even acknowledge that they exits as I understand
> it. So I greatly doubt you will get a click 'n' go link from within
> Fedora.  ;-)

I don't think that it has to do with being the US or not, it relates more
to Fedora only distributing GPL packages.  That's the nature of the
beast, and so be it.  I like that Fedora draws that line.

However, rather than putting resources in mounting ntfs, which not
everyone wants to do, I would prefer that resources be put towards making
adding repo's more of a one click thing.  I'm always having to muck
around with GPG and editing files, but YMMV.

-Thufir