Re: Help with wake on LAN

Tom Horsley wrote on Monday 02 July 2007:

> I'll have to give this a try on some machines that have never
> worked, yet claim to support WOL. The only way I ever got
> WOL to work was if I had a linksys NIC with WOL support. For
> some reason they always work and nothing else has ever worked.

> Maybe linksys ignores the instructions to disable WOL?

It might be the case - but at this point I'm not an expert. :) I have
noticed that if you activate WOL and the execute ifdown on them some
NICs "switch off" completely anyway and some stay active. I guess the
reason is different driver implementation but I might be wrong.

If you use the script I posted here it will be called
from /etc/init.d/halt almost directly before poweroff.

--
bye,
Adalbert

Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.