Help with wake on LAN

Hi all,

Does anyone here use wake on LAN?

Here is my situation.  I have an old computer that I set up to be a
web server and remote ssh machine.  It runs all the time.  My personal
desktop, currently running F7 x86_64, I turn off except when I am
using it.  I recently started experimenting with wake on LAN to be
able to remotely turn on my personal desktop from the web server
machine.  I found a Perl script, wakeonlan, to send the needed packet.
Wake on LAN is enabled in the BIOS for my personal desktop machine.

Here is the issue.  If I turn on my computer and turn it off before it
leaves the BIOS screen (that is, before booting Fedora and shutting
down), I can successfully turn on the computer over wake on LAN.
However, if I have just shut down from Fedora, wake on LAN does not
work.  The NIC seems to be on after shutting down like I would expect,
but it just does not work.  I do have a copy of WinXP Pro installed
for dual-boot, but I have not tried using wake on LAN after booting
Windows (I can try that sometime).

So, finally a question.  Is Fedora (possibly) doing something that
would disable wake on LAN for the NIC when I shut down?  If anyone has
some experience with this, I would appreciate some help.  Thanks.

Jonathan