Re: FC LDAP server

Chris wrote:

Understood - however, from what I have been seeing, the items that
FC-DS has is to syn passwords.

I was under the impression that it did more, but as previously stated, I don't know. The documentation isn't great, so I suggest that you subscribe to the Fedora DS list, and ask a direct question about what you're trying to accomplish.

What I'm trying to find out (and so far
with very little luck) that its near impossible to have a one sided
replication (AD to FC-DS).

*Sigh* the search continues...

There are other options. Novel has a product ("Identity Manager", I believe), which can replicate the data from AD to Fedora DS.

Sun also has a caching LDAP proxy server which is available at no cost which may accomplish what you want. What you won't get from it is authentication, I believe. AD uses Kerberos for auth, and I don't expect the proxy server to cache that. For that matter, I don't even know whether or not AD supports simple binds. ;)