Re: Adobe Acrobat

On 6/25/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/25/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 00:24:11 +0530
> Rogue <roguexz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Second, i did install the plugin to /usr/lib/mozilla. Restarted the
> > browser but about:plugins still does not show me the Adobe plugin :-(
> > ... Any pointers on this would be great.

> ln -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so ~/mozilla/plugins/
>
> You may have to create the ~/mozilla/plugins directory.

My appologies. The directions I provided seem to no longer work for
the firefox-1.5.0.12 update. You now have to link directly to the
browser:

sudo ln -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.12/plugins/

Please flame the developer/maintainer who changed the plugins location
behavior. It just causes extra work for those of us who use more than
one mozilla-based browser.

Please do not flame the developer/maintainer. After re-installing
mplayerplug-in, RealPlayer10, and a few others applications I can
make, change, and create links in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and have
them reflected in about:plugins for Firefox-1.5.0.12 and
mozilla-seamonkey. One of those packages set a switch. Now, I just
have to find out what was set or reset.