Re: F7: Compiz makes me freeze

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
Hello, my dear Fedorians!

I was using compiz with no problems and almost "out of the box" after
installing livna's kmod-nvidia of course.

Some time after installation I began loosing the window title and
controls (_, [] and X) and then, it just started freezing my computer
just like that.

This always happened while turning "Desktop Effects" on and off. Last
time I had to remove and reinstall compiz and delete
~/.gconf/apps/compiz for it to start working (without FX)

Has anybody suffered from this too? Can anybody help?

BTW, I am an x86_64 arch user (amd x2)

I have a GeForce 7900 GS]

I have the problem afer trying out the beryl manager. I noticed the obvious missing maximize, close buttons but did not notice the title bar gone also. It is not present either.

me too, I guess.

Jim