Re: F7: Compiz makes me freeze

Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 20:29 +0930, Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 00:57 -0500, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> I was using compiz with no problems and almost "out of the box" after
> installing livna's kmod-nvidia of course.

Just got that working myself, a couple of days ago.

> Some time after installation I began loosing the window title and
> controls (_, [] and X) and then, it just started freezing my computer
> just like that.
>
> This always happened while turning "Desktop Effects" on and off.

I saw that too.  I lost those gadgets, and had to hold down ALT while I
clicked in the middle of windows to move them asside.  I had a
confirmation dialogue box waiting for me behind another window.  The
computer hadn't frozen, but I had things in the way that weren't
responding to input.  The top-of-screen menubar still worked.
Well, it really froze with me. Even the keyboard froze; caps lock and num lock didn't respond. It has happened to me too... but this is different.

I was able to get back the title bar and buttons by running 'metacity --replace' followed by 'compiz --replace' . I did try to reinstall compiz but it seemed it make no difference.

If this happens often then maybe something important was removed from metacity to compiz transition and is causing the error. (Oh that is not needed any longer, remove code.)

Jim