Re: white screen using beryl

tkobayas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear all,

I have just installed FC7 on my personal computer. My configuration is this

Asus M2NPV-VM
Athlon X2 5200 (no overclock)
Wintec 4*2GB DDR2 800
Onboard nVidia GeForce 6150
Hitachi 250GB sata HDD
NEC 3550 DVD/CD+-RW
OCZ 780W PSU

I have two questions: one for nVidia driver installation and the other for errors on Beryl and desktop effect.

For Nvidia driver installation, I exit the X windows system by
1. Ctrl + Alt + F1
2. Enter as a root
3. telinit 3 to exit X
4. sh NVIDIA-Linux-******.sh

Then I got an error message saying "cannot find kernel." Did anyone have the same problem? Could you kindly tell me how to solve this?

For the second question, I am not sure if this is because my onboard video is so slow to begin with. But, when I activate beryl it just gets so slow and the screen becomes totally white. Also, I cannot activate Desktop Effect.

Although I am using my linux system for workstation purpose, I wanted to see how cool Beryl looks like one in Macintosh system.

Thank you very much.

Taka

For the nvidia driver, I use the livna rpm. It is much easier to use. I have not tried F7 yet so I am not sure how well it works.

I had an issue with network mounting my home directory on an Ubuntu machine and I got a white screen. It was caused by a file in one of the gnome config directories. It is something I will be watching for when I install F7 on my home machines in the coming weeks.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.