Re: Evolution doesn't save state

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Evolution takes a while to save its state on termination, and doesn't
seem to save it very often in normal use.  The result is that when the
system is halted and then restarted, a lot of messages that have been
read show up as unread on restarting.  Is there any way to cure this,
other than manually halting evolution before halting the system?
Does Thunderbird have similar problems?  How hard is it to switch to
Thunderbird (anyway)?  Any problems importing folders?

Apologies if this isn't the right list.

Thanks - jon

I was reading about this issue on the Evolution mail list. Evolution changes some information, only when closing and this is causing problems. This may be related to the issue you are having.

On the list it was mentioned that Thunderbird changes the message state as the message is read. I prefer Thunderbird and wouldn't use Evolution except to work with Exchange server.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.