Enable hidden HPET in nVidia motherboards

I have a Compaq Presario V6107AU noteboook with an AMD Turion64 x2 (
dual-core ) and an nVidia MCP51 chipset on the motherboard ( according
to lspci ).

To get things working on this notebook with F7, I have to add
"pci=noacpi" kernel boot parameter. Without it, I would get lockups.

Now I was wondering if the answer to my problem was because the HPET
is hidden in the BIOS, and found references to patches to enable this
on nVidia motherboards, specifically with x86_64:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/16/46
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/543897

However, the above patch(es) does not seem to have reached mainline
kernel or on fedora's kernels.

I could see some HPET options below, but they seem to be only for i386
( as shown by the patched files below ):

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/7/261

Any ideas when we can have the patch to enable hidden HPET on nVidia
motherboards enabled ?

Regards,

John