Re: running programs from user acctount as root

Ashley Pritchard wrote on Sun, Jun 24 2007 at 20:59 (-0700):
> I dissabled seLinux & thistime refused to
> download & install any updates to seLinux but yet again I am not able to run
> the package updater or any other program that requires root access from my
> user account. I am entering the password correctly & am able to login as
> root in the terminal but when I type the command 'pup' for the package
> updater I get the following:
>     Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified

This looks like 'root' is not allowed to connect to the X-server,
because someone else (the regular user) is using it currently.

Logged in as the regular, does 'xhost +localhost' in an xterm resolve
that problem?

Alternatively, using 'kdesu pup' may help, but I've never tried it.

Andreas.

--
http://www.lysium.de/blog