Re: compiz + FC7 + nVIDIA binary + logout/or/turncompizoff = freeze

On 6/20/07, peter kostov <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
spmirowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Problem: Logging out of X with compiz running or turning or I turn it
> off, causes computer to lockup.  X wall paper remains, keyboard
> doesn't respond.  I end up hard rebooting.  If compiz isn't running,
> logging in and out of X works just fine

I don't see how those links they give help you.  Here's my answer.  I
had the same problem with the newest nvidia driver.  I removed it and
installed the older one and the problem completely disappeared.

There is a place to read where lots of other people have same
experience with the new nvidia driver.  I reported my details there
too.

In case the link is bad, the title of the forum item is "nvidia
100.14.0X, Logout or Shutdown make Xorg freeze" and you can find it by
going directly to the Nvidia forum for linux:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science