Re: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M driver ++ F7 Can't getitto work.

Robin Laing wrote:

Intel is providing decent drivers for their video chips from what I
am reading.

Nvidia makes decent drivers which are easy to install using Livna.

ATI in my books just suck. I fought and fought with ATI and their driver for a month. Nvidia was up in minutes.

As for ATI drivers. I have a friend in IT that won't allow ATI cards
in any computer he purchases after fighting with ATI over their
Windows drivers and issues. So it isn't just ATI and Linux.

Interesting information that ATI support is OS neutral. :-)
Releasing their specs or a code base might help out for all platforms and increase their sales. I don't know how to get back dissatisfied customers though.

Jim