Re: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M driver ++ F7 Can't getitto work.

sizo nsibande wrote:
I am with you on all counts.

Thanks!

I read a posting regarding getting computers provided by people's employment which have either the ATI or NVidia video. I guess one can't influence to a gret deal what the buyer and IT consultant choose. I got lucky and specified *not* NVidia video on a computer that I use. Fortunately the alternative Intel Video card works great and later computers which are not running Linux also have the Intel video cards. (915). At least they are Linux capable since I tested out one of the later computers with the Intel 915 video.

It is good to know there are others who would rather have working hardware rather than "trade secret" hardware which force binary only drivers onto the potential customer or employee that was stuck with another persons choice.

Jim
--
The best laid plans of mice and men are held up in the legal department.