Re: LDAP Howto

Per Qvindesland schrieb:
> Hello List,
>
> Does anyone know about a SIMPLE howto to configure ldap to share address
> book for email clients? after having googled for hours I can find plenty
> but their one of two 1. not simple or 2. just don't work so I am hoping
> that someone here can point me in the right direction.
>
> Kind regards
> Per Qvindesland

Where exactly is your difficulty, or asked differently, what does not
work and which error messages do you get?

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch5/step3.html
http://www.brennan.id.au/20-Shared_Address_Book_LDAP.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/03/27/ldap_ab.html
http://www.feldt.com/work/projects/openLDAP/

Can't be that all instructions fail. Granted, openLDAP or LDAP in
general is a complex story and some understanding required to get it
properly running. The URLs I quoted seem to explain the settings verbosely.

Cheers

Alexander