Re: splitting off directories

Aaron:
I already have /home split off, and I'd like to have the webbrowser cache split off too (makes backups quicker).
splitting these off does not make backups faster.

When I backup /home, I figure that not having to copy up to 200 Meg of
small files would make it a bit quicker.

But for a single user machine it is more trouble than its worth.
In your case putting it all in one partition is better.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Steve:
I don't use LVM - I did when it first came out but never saw it as an
advantage to *me*.

hmmm ... I detect another thread.

I prefer to do this as I am more comfortable with a "completely clean"
installation.

I've decided to do that for my F7 install.