Re: Running X in runlevel 3

> On limited hardware that could be reason alone to use startx from 3.

Does this really make a difference ? I accept it saves one login screen, but
surely once you have logged on this screen is forgotten and your preferred
session (KDE,gnome or whatever) is started.

Your argument that it helps on low end machines only makes sense to me if the
login screen is somehow 'remembered' after log on, so still using system
resources. I really doubt this is the case in which case I doubt, once you
have your desktop session running it really makes a difference whether you
went via the standard login window (init 5 if you like) or startx from init
3?

Chris