Re: Totem on FC6

Christian Menzel wrote:
Karl,

I have not found a single file totem was able to play, so remove it and use vlc.

Chris
   Where do I find vlc?

Karl

On 6/19/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Simon Andrews wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Simon Andrews wrote:
>>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>> If you're happy to run patent encumbered software then you can
>>> configure the livna repository by installing the rpm at:
>>>
>>> http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
>>>
>>> ..and then run
>>>
>>> yum install totem-xine
>>>
>>> ..to install a version of totem which can play DVDs.
>>>
>> Hi but one problem. When I try to yum install totem-xine it farts
>> around and errors out saying the installed totem is in the way. So
>> tried to rpm -e totem but libs are not removed because they are used
>> for other software packages.
>>
>> What now?
>
> Are you already using a modified totem from some other repository?
> What is the output from yum when you try to run it?
>
> Simon.

    Hi Simon, I used "rpm -e --nodeps totem" and it did remove the
current Totem. Then I yum install totem-xine and that worked it seems.

    But the new Totem works exactly like the old one. It will not play a
DVD movie.

Karl