Re: Totem on FC6

Simon Andrews wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

I have totem yumed to this computer but it will NOT show DVD movies it says because it is missing "plug ins". I have no idea what this means. Totem works fine with DVD movies on FC4.

If you're using the stock totem which comes with FC6 then it will not include support for encrypted DVDs due to patent problems.

If you're happy to run patent encumbered software then you can configure the livna repository by installing the rpm at:

http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

..and then run

yum install totem-xine

..to install a version of totem which can play DVDs.

Hi but one problem. When I try to yum install totem-xine it farts around and errors out saying the installed totem is in the way. So tried to rpm -e totem but libs are not removed because they are used for other software packages.

   What now?

Karl