Re: Package managers gone haywire! yum, apt, rpm: pam is totally borked

On Monday June 18 2007 7:53:20 am Michael A Peters wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 22:39 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> > Been fighting this for a couple of days now.
>
> *snip*
>
> Had a similar problem.
> Turned out I had a bad ram module - and it really fubar'd things.

Well, maybe - I had that once a long time ago, and it rendered a Windows 2k
system unbootable. It was so strange that I reconstructed the problem, and
put the offending ram module back in, and booted up with the Pres and my
associate admin looking on, and it happened again! But, in this case, my
machine is coming up and running, and everything works. Maybe I'll try
booting in to windows, just to double check... Other suggestions offered have
made substantial progress, however

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD