Re: tons of spam

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 21:30 -0400, George wrote:
> wow guys,
> I've been signed up for this list for about a week and I've noticed a
> ton of spam coming in now. I guess I should have used a different
> address than my main one... I could stand the traffic, (and this is a
> high traffic list!) but all the spam, no way.
>
> If redhat can't control things better than this on their lists, I'm
> not sure I want to use fedora.
>
> thanks,
> G.

Not sure *I* want you using Fedora.  Fedora is a bleeding-edge distro,
not necessarily for the casual Linux user.  I just upgraded from FC6 to
F7, afterward I had to do some mucking around with the installed RPMs
because it would not update properly (I couldn't log in as my normal
user because of beryl, updating was first step in troubleshooting).
*I'm* OK with that, but someone who might not understand the subtleties
of how spammers work, the relationship of a company and it's mailing
list, and the relationship between Red Hat and Fedora, might not want to
choose lightly.  Just saying.

--
Timothy Selivanow