Re: tons of spam

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:30:30 -0400, George wrote:

> wow guys,
> I've been signed up for this list for about a week and I've noticed a
> ton of spam coming in now. I guess I should have used a different
> address than my main one... I could stand the traffic, (and this is a
> high traffic list!) but all the spam, no way.
>
> If redhat can't control things better than this on their lists, I'm not
> sure I want to use fedora.
>
> thanks,
> G.

I'm not sure the spam you're getting is the result of subscribing to this
list, maybe, maybe not.

At any rate, you can turn off receiving email in the preferences for this
mailing list, and view the list in the form of a newsgroup, if you
subscribe to gmane. Then, e.g. in pan, you subscribe to the
gname.linux.redhat.fedora.general newsgroup and only read what and when
you want. Of course, this won't stop the spam though.