Re: How to change user / group numbers in passwd/group?

At 07:22 PM 6/17/2007, Tony Nelson wrote:

>> File a bug against those packages. They should use IDs in the system range.

Good evening, Tony.

Done. I see that there has already been a bug filed against tclhttpd. I filed one against dbmail.

Turns out that there weren't many files owned by those two "users". I uninstalled dbmail which took the dbmail user away with it, then I uninstalled tclhttpd which DIDN'T take the tclhttpd user away, so I had to "userdel" that. Then the "find" commands as you listed showed a few files and directories, mostly in /var/spool/mail, that I removed.

All seems OK now ... so far ... :-)