Re: Shutdown listing missing

Ted Gladieux wrote:

I have upgraded two machines from Fedora Core 5 to Fedora 7.  By upgrade
 I do not mean that I used the upgrade function in anaconda.  I
repartitioned the hard drive and did a complete install.

In Fedora Core 5 (and previous Fedora releases) was used to seeing the
various shutdown activities displayed on the console as the machine
shuts down.  Ending with the "Power down" statement just before the
machine turns itself off.  There are circumstances when it is very
helpful to see this, like when the machine is taking longer than you
expect to shutdown and you want to know why.

For one of the two machines I just upgraded this still works.  But, for
the other it does not.  On the non-working machine, the screen simply
goes black and stays black until the machine shuts itself off.  In
Fedora Core 5, this machine displayed all of the shutdown activity, just
like the other one still does, until the machine shuts itself off.

My question is, is there a configuration file somewhere that controls
this behavior?

Did that file somehow get different content on the two machines?

If not a configuration file, what else might explain this strange behavior?

- --

Ted

You can either press a key to show the messages during shutdown or remove the quiet parameter from grub.conf file.

You do have the shutdown choices from the menu, right?

Jim