Re: [Fedora] tons of spam

George wrote:
> If redhat can't control things better than this on their lists, I'm > not sure I want to use fedora.
All it takes is posting with your e-mail address. The spammers use web crawlers that look for anything that looks like an e-mail address. Anything that gets posted to fedora-list ends up on a number of web sites that publish the content plus the list archive. Once your e-mail address is published you will get spam. As an example, I'll let you know when vida@xxxxxxxxxxxxx first gets spam. My guess is it will be within a day or two. (Vida is our dog. I haven't used her name for this particular experiment before.)

BTW, you might want to look into setting up spamassassin to filter your e-mail. Rather than complaining about spam, do something about it.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce