Re: Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.7 is needed by package xine-lib-extras-nonfree

On 17/06/07, David Boles wrote:

Really. So Updates-Testing is not for users to try and confirm that this
update is ok to use? That is what I thought it was.

Is that why some package maintainers skip updates-testing? ;o)  You
sound much as if you are not aware that there are no update release
policies yet. There is no QA done either. There is no guarantee either
that any user tries out a test-update at all. There are package
maintainers who prefer quick updates, because they are the ones who
spent the most time on making sure a package update is good.

But in general, yes, updates-testing *can* be used to verify readiness
of updates with help of additional people, such as users. Still, with
regard to 3rd party repositories, coordination is needed, so Livna
would publish the xine-lib-extras-nonfree into its testing repository,
too.

I have an very simple idea that will solve your dependency problem here.

The dependency problem in this thread is not mine. And my F7 has
updates-testing enabled, btw. I know what to do about dep issues.