Re: Skype

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 16/06/07, Karl Larsen wrote:
    I enjoy using Skype so I got one from their web page they say is a
Beta Version. When I rpm the package it came up with 5 bad dependents.
So I used yum install and one after the other I loaded the needed
software. Slowly the list got smaller and then it worked.

More convenient would have been:

 yum  localinstall  packagefileonharddisk.rpm

It resolves the dependencies for you automatically.

Wow I will need this for a few days so I will print this message. I have some old rpm packages I need to load.

Thanks, Karl