OT - Re: Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

On 6/15/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

In midst of the Microsoft Linux deals, Novell, Xandros, Linspire, ..., etc.  The question arises will Red Hat fall into Microsoft's deals?

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070614/38396_id.html?.v=1

Inquiring minds want to know.
I hope that it does not fall into these kinds of pacts.

Regards,

Antonio

Interesting.  Maybe MS is looking to merge their platform into a Linux
platform following Mac OS X using BSD as their launching platform.
Will we eventually see MS Linux where it will be running Linux under
the hood, but with a MS look, feel, and compatibility?  MS would be
able to step away from some of the underlining OS challenges leaving
that to the Linux community and concentrate on putting a MS face on
it.  It was suggested at one point that Vista will be MS' last OS.
Don't know what was meant by that.  Maybe this is what was being
suggested or foreseen...

Jacques