Re: (fedora) Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 10:22 +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
The systems are mainly used to develop application and exchange
binaries with other groups outside the university : so I want to keep
my glibc in synch with the others.
I'd imagine that to be a main reason why to use one OS or another.  Do
you know what the others are using?
Somewhere in between FC6 and F7. we agreed to use the last stable version of
Fedora as reference system. All systems are running F7 or will be upgraded
in the very near future.

In terms of exchanging binaries - if you aren't already, you might like to consider packaging your source code as rpm and exchanging src.rpm's. Then the other users would need to perform a few steps ending with rpmbuild --rebuild x.src.rpm

The others would be able to review your source code; you may not want that.

DaveT.