Re: (fedora) Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

on 15 Jun 2007 09:45:51 +1000 David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
>>> I'd imagine that to be a main reason why to use one OS or another.  Do
>>> you know what the others are using?
>> Somewhere in between FC6 and F7. we agreed to use the last stable version of
>> Fedora as reference system. All systems are running F7 or will be upgraded
>> in the very near future.
>
>In terms of exchanging binaries - if you aren't already, you might like
>to consider packaging your source code as rpm and exchanging src.rpm's.
>Then the other users would need to perform a few steps ending with
>rpmbuild --rebuild x.src.rpm
>
>The others would be able to review your source code; you may not want that.
Due to contracts with third parties at least part of the code is
closed-source.

                     Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd