Re: Laptop will not auto power off via shutdown from Fedora 7

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List;

I've just installed Fedora 7 (using KDE) on an IBM Thinkpad Z60m
When I shutdown instead of powering off, at the end of the shutdown cycle I get this:

ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:14:02:0 disabled
System halted

Anyone know what I need to install / tweak to get shutdown to power the laptop off?

Thanks in advance...

Are you referring to the command shutdwn vs. poweroff? If so, shutdown is supposed to just shutdown thge system.

Or are you referring  to choosing shutdown from the system menu?

Jim