Re: Live upgrade from FC5 to FC6 successful, FC7 next

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 19:36 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Thanks, Jonathan. With your procedure, I get the following errors:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libparted-1.8.so.2 is needed by package pyparted
> Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC.so.7 is needed by package gstreamer08-plugins
> Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.7 is needed by package pidgin
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcurl.so.3 is needed by package php-cli
> Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/bin/python2.4 is needed by package PIL
> Error: Missing Dependency: libpython2.4.so.1.0 is needed by package graphviz
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package PIL
> Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.3 is needed by package yelp
> Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.8.1.3 is needed by package devhelp
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcurl.so.3 is needed by package xine
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcurl.so.3 is needed by package gnupg2
> Error: Missing Dependency: python-abi = 2.4 is needed by package smart
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package smart-gui
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package tovid
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package smart
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package pyparted
> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.4 is needed by package Numeric
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcurl.so.3 is needed by package php
>
> Any ideas?

For most of these, the solution is to remove the packages (namely PIL,
smart, smart-gui, tovid, pyparted, gstreamer08-plugins and Numeric).

I'm not sure why you're hitting the gecko-libs problems for yelp and
dev-help.

The main point I'm making is that if you are doing "yum upgrade",
yum-presto will reduce the amount of bandwidth you have to download.
The missing dependencies you've listed will still be missing if you
don't use yum-presto.  I'm afraid I'm not expert enough in the ins and
outs of doing a distribution upgrade to help much beyond that.

Jonathan