Re: Live upgrade from FC5 to FC6 successful, FC7 next

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 01:44 -0700, stan wrote:
> In a month or so when the load on the fc7 mirrors is lower I will
> upgrade this system to fc7 the same way.  However, instead of using yum
> to get the packages I will use wget -c to download all packages in a
> repository to the hard drive.  I'm not sure how to use that as the
> repository for yum; it looks like it can be done with a baseurl
> directive in the /etc/yum.conf.d/"main".repo file.  This should cut the
> header iteration time to about 15 minutes though it won't help with
> install time.  It will double hard disk requirements.
Just a heads up: I've created deltarpms for the fc6->f7 update process.
I'm not sure what bandwidth you have, but using deltarpms will probably
cut the bandwidth by a huge amount.

The deltarpms are for an updated FC6 box that you want to yum upgrade to
Fedora 7.  You will need to install yum-presto and then, in your fedora
7 .repo file, add
"deltaurl=http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/dist_upgrade/fc6-f7/i386";.  Then,
just do yum update.

Jonathan