Re: Missing dependencies on latest updates

On 06/06/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I would recommend patience.
>
> That would be wrong in this case. Action is needed to fix this.

Action by whom?

By the OP or any reader who can contribute a few minutes to open a ticket.

Do you want the OP to disable Livna, use only
Freshrpms, and uninstall and reinstall the packages with the
dependency problem?

Disabling freshrpms temporarily would fix the broken deps. It's the
freshrpms updates that take away the shared libs and ship only static
libs. It is not evident that Livna will do the same just to work
around this breakage.

Or perhaps you? Since you're on top of this problem have you filed a
bug report with Livna?

Livna isn't broken. As how and whether they will work together with
Matthias Saou and agree on packaging libdca in a compatible way will
need to be subject to discussion.

> > As I recall, Livna encountered hardware problems. They may be a little
> > slow in getting updates out.
>
> Updates for what?  Livna's libdca from end of last years provides the
> needed libraries.

I'm assuming repackaged (bug reports?) or newer version packages.

Compare the versions. It is libdca 0.0.2 in both cases. In the
freshrpms packages the shared libs are missing. It may be intentional,
but could also be a side-effect, a bug.

You do have a valid point.

I started replying to this mail at the top, so now that you've changed
your mind at the bottom of the mail, I don't delete my reply above. ;)