Re: Missing dependencies on latest updates

On 6/6/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/06/07, Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, John Lagrue <jlagrue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the advice Tom, butI'm not sure that this is the same problem
> >
> > Running package-cleanup --problems gives me nothing. There don't
> > appear to be any problems - until I try to apply the new updates.
> >
> > FWIW, the updares are:
> >
> > Updated faad2 packages
> > Updated libdca packages
> > Updated selinux-policy packages
> > Updated vcdimager packages
> > Updated x264 packages
> >

> > JDL
> >
> > [snip]
>
> The packages come from Livna. Bug Livna or wait for the updates to bubble up.

Not so fast, don't jump to conclusions. Livna's libdca for F7 is as
old as Dec 2006:
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/7/x86_64/

The yum dep failures can also mean that another repository upgrades
libdca to an incompatible version.

That goes with the territory when using 3rd-party repositories.

The applications/packages that the OP desires comes from Livna. He can
either choose/find another 3rd-party repository that offers those
packages or submit a bug report to Livna. I would recommend patience.
As I recall, Livna encountered hardware problems. They may be a little
slow in getting updates out.