Re: heads up on ndiswrapper

Knute Johnson wrote:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 06.06.2007 06:39, Knute Johnson wrote:
D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
I don't use ndiswrapper on F7 (yet?).  I did set up Ubuntu on a
notebook with ndiswrapper.

I found that the then-current ndiswrapper version, 1.43, did not work.
I then used the repository version, and that didn't work.  Then I let
the author of ndiswrapper to log into my machine and he fixed the
problem (I am truly grateful).  He then adopted those fixes (or
perhaps something better).

I would strongly recommend using 1.46 which has those fixes and
others.  Especially if you have a multi-core CPU.  Read the
description of the changes here:
  http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/

Livna seems to be distributing 1.43 in
  http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/7/x86_64/
Is that what people are using?
I've got one USB network device that wouldn't work with 1.43 so I removed the Livna ndiswrapper and downloaded, compiled and installed 1.46. That fixed the problems with the device.

Does one of you two want to help maintaining the 1.46 version in livna?
It has no proper maintainer currently.

CU
thl

Thorsten:

So what does it take to be a maintainer?   What would my duties be?

Thanks,

knute...

I'll be glad to offer my services, especially in building RPMS for different archs, since I have several I manage anyway.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support