Re: Any experience with Lenovo N100 or ACER AS5103?

Peter Skensved wrote:
      Ian,
  I've been using a Lenovo 3000 N100  since last November. I had FC6 on it for
a while and recently switched to CentOS5.0 . We use CentOS on a large number
of work stations and servers around here which is why I prefer it over FC6.

<snip>
Thanks for the suggestions.  This in particular;

 I believe the models they sell now are different so the above may not be
useful any more. What I did before I bought it was to take a few live CDs to the store and got their permission to boot them on their demos.

Seems to be pretty sound advice.

There is no live CentOS5.0 CD yet but there is a 4.4 out there and you could also try Knoppix . Not sure if there is a Fedora Core one.

Fedora 7 i386 Live.  (Which I must say looks very nice on
my desktop machine.)

I'm having second thoughts about a 15.4" machine though,
12.1 is looking very tempting...

--
imalone