Re: Virtualization hassles

John Lagrue wrote:
I have at least two problems running a virtual machine on F7

1. Running qemu from hte command line means I can create a virtual
disk, run a virtual machine and install Windows XP on it. I can do
this because it enables me to define the cdrom on the command line
with "-cdrom /dev/cdrom". But I can't get any further because it keeps
giving me an error saying "A problem is preventing Windows from
accurately checking the license for this computer"

If I run the same virtual machine from the virtual machine manager I
don't get that error. But I don't get the CD ROM either

2. The above was obtained with QEMU. If I try to connect the Virtual
Machine Manager to XEN I get an error that tells me that either I'm
not running a XEN-enabled kernel, or the XEN service isn't running.
Unfortunately, it is running!

Any advice from anyone on either of these? I would love to do away
with dual-booting my laptop and just run Vista in a VM when I need it,
but so far I'm not having a lot of luck.

Have you looked at VMware server that you can download at no cost from http://www.vmware.com?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx