Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 10:36 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> taharka wrote:
> > How do,

> >>Not mine, my sister's. She lives in rural Georgia. And she has only
> >>one phone line, so she also doesn't like to tie it up for long periods.
> >>DSL is UNAVAILABLE in rural Georgia. Often, she doesn't even manage
> >>14Kbps average download speed.
> >

> > DSL is available in rural Georgia. My telco/ISP is Alltel/Windstream &
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there is nowhere in rural
> Georgia where DSL is available.
>
> > they are all over rural Georgia. Alltel/Windstream touts itself as a
> > rural telco. If your sister is interested in DSL, she should check with
> > Windstream.
>
> The quality of the phone line where she lives will not support
> DSL. She lives between Riceboro and Hinesville. She has attempted
> to get DSL, but no supplier will do it where she lives. At least,
> that's what she tells me. However, I will pass along the information.
>
> Mike
> --
Hi, Mike,
    A friend of mine was using satellite for a while.  I think it was
affiliated with Direct TV.  I can check on that if you are interested.
I think he said it was something like 5M down and 750 up, he dropped it
when his required bandwidth went up and he now has a leased T1 (I
think).

Regards,
Les H